- There are many superstition in the world and each cultures have the variations. superstition is credulous belief or nation. It commonly applied to belief and practices surrounding luck, propechy and spiritual beings. Some superstition are very similar from one country to another.There are many beliefs about superstitions, some are about good luck and others are about bad luck.
- In country, Thailand, they have a lot of superstitions. There are old beliefs for almost all situations. For example, some people believe that the number 6 will bring reverse results. Especially good luck will turn into bad luck because the number 6 can be the number 9 is you turn it over. So, if you get a number 6 on your examination ID card, you might get the opposite result even though you have done well on your test. Actually, we have many superstitions for almost all situations, such as if you sing in the kitchen, you will have a very old spouse, or your ship could sink if you do not completely turn a fish over. In my opinion, the ancestors had their reasons for creating those kinds of beliefs. For instance, it's not proper for a lady to sing a song while she is cooking because she might hurt herself if she does not concentrate on cooking.
- Besides that, In Japan, there are a lot of superstitions. First, there is a superstition about a white snake. People say if someone finds a white snake, he will be lucky in life. It's an event of good omen; it is believed that white snakes carry good luck. Actually, some people put a picture of a white snake on the wall. Second, there is one about when we sleep. We can't sleep with our heads to the north because a dead person is always buried with his head to the north. It is believed that death welcomes someone who sleeps with his head to the north. That's a bad omen. The last one is about the number four. There is a superstition that four is an unlucky number because the number four has the identical pronunciation as the word 'death', so most people tend to avoid it and most hotels don't use the number four.
- In ancient Turkey believes If you see a spider somewhere in your home, you'll have some guests and when you see a black cat, you have to hold a part of your hair. Otherwise, you'll have bad luck. They also believe if you stand between two people whose names are the same, you should wish for something because your wish will come true and when your right hand itches, that means you'll get money from someone that you don't expect. If your left hand itches, that means you'll give someone money or you'll spend some money. If you drop food on your clothes while you're eating something, you'll have some guests that day. If something happens, there's always a result. That's what superstitions tell us. There are some superstitions from Turkey country.
- In Taiwan also have a lot of superstition, the three of them are First, the word for the number "4" has another meaning, a very bad one. It also means "die", so no hospital has a fourth floor. Even some hotels don't use the number "4" for a room number or a floor number. Second, in Taiwan, the crow is considered a very unlucky animal. If you see a crow in the morning, it means that you will have a bad day. So, no one wants to see one because maybe some bad things will happen after you see it. Third, the color red means luck and happiness. For example, during the Chinese New Year period, they decorate everything in their house, using the red color. And, at a wedding,they also wear everything red. The bride needs to wear red shoes, and the bridegroom also needs to wear something red, such as a red tie or a red handkerchief.
- The above mentioned are some of the country's superstitions. Aren't they interesting? I think that all country have different superstitions, depending on their cultural and environmental backgrounds.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Recycle means activity to process old item and look if the waste item can produce new product or not. There are 3 type of dustbin was created, that is orange, chocolate and blue dustbin. All the waste will be divide to the 3 type of dustbin. The example of things are tin, glass plastic, newspaper and others. Beside that, reduce mean the amount of item that are consumed and reuse mean throwing the waste away. So, all must know about recycling and together we can make our country have a good place.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Finally, the conclusion is everyone must have knowledge about road safety and work together to make sure better and safer road travel.
I will write about myself and also my family background...Insya'allah
My full name is Husna Binti Abdul Kadir. Now I studied at Selangor International Islamic University College at Bandar Seri Putra, Bangi. I'm 19 years old and I study in Faculty Islamic Acadamy Al Quran AsSunnah. Now, I was in semester 3, study at KUIS is the best part in my life. I feel yery happy because now I have many friends. They all very kind and always helping when I in trouble... I hope this friendship will stay forever, insya'allah.
I'm from Malacca , the one of Historic Town in Malaysia. I was born on 9 June 1992 at Asia Clinic, Malacca and lived there until my Spm exam. I live at Kampung Tanjung Bidara, Masjid Tanah Malacca. My village is very beautiful and interesting place. Now, my family and I have moved to Selangor and stay at Shah Alam last year. My hobbies are watching television and surf internet. I also like to reading book and sometime cooking. Insya'allah, after I finish my study at KUIS I want to further my study at overseas University.
I have a big family, my father's name is Abdul Kadir Bin Mohd Yasin. He died 10 years ago. After that, my mom take the responsibility to raise me and my other siblings. my mother's very couregous person because when my father died my older brother only 11 years old. So, everything my mom will do itself. My mother's name is Saadiah Binti Abdul Karim. She work as teacher. She is very lovely and understanding person. In my life,after Allah and Rasulullah s.a.w, my mom the important and I want her to always happy. Finally, last year my mom married someone. Alhamdulillah, now I have a stepfather, He's name is Hashim Bin Samsuddin, he very nice person.
I have 7 siblings and I am the third. First is my brother, his name is Haidzir and he 21 years old. his the older, and now he studied in mechanic at Shah Alam. Second is my lovely sister Hidayah and the forth is my younger brother's Helmi. My sister 20 years old and my brother 18. They are both studied at Darul Quran, JAKIM. The fifth is my only younger sister. Her name is Humairak and study at SMKA As Syarifah Rodziah, Melaka. Now she's 16 years old. The second last is Hasbullah. he 14 years old and now at SMAP Kajang, Selangor, while the last is Hambali. He 13 years old and study at MRSM Ulul Albab, Gemencheh.